Thursday, September 03, 2009

One Year Ago

I posted something about Abby's first day in four-year-old preschool.

It was a nice day, full of promise.

I had no idea my life and the lives of my family were about to change forever.

I had no idea how much losing a family member would hurt.

I had no idea how many people Daniel's life and love had touched.

I had no idea how much a community could come together to support my sister and her family.

But now, I do.

Daniel was special. We will remember him always. He was so enthusiastic about life. He loved to sing and dance and read and talk about nature and and and... He was multi-talented. And he loved God with all his heart.

My words are inadequate to explain all that I feel and all that has transpired in the past year. But I am so thankful for the grace of God that has carried us through. God is sufficient.

I miss you, Daniel. And I always will.

No comments: