Tuesday, February 26, 2008
The nice man from two doors down gets our "Neighbor of the Year" award for snow blowing our driveway. I think he did three others besides his own this morning before 9 AM.
And today is Abby's first official "snow day." All the other snow days this year have happened on days that she doesn't go to school.
Maybe we should try the tubing again now that there's more snow on the ground!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Billy took these pictures with his phone, so some of them are a little dark.
I have had some spam comments in the past week so I am adding "word verification" back to the commenting process. Sorry to those who actually want to comment on the posts.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
One morning, she was sitting with her daddy as he was working on the computer and she was drawing on some post-it notes. She drew this picture of her daddy. Notice the detail of his beard and that design on his shirt. She also gave him curly hair. A little artistic license, I suppose.
After she was done, she looked at it and said, "You look scared, Daddy. Are you scared?"
Sunday, February 17, 2008
This army bear must be "undercover" - he doesn't want to show his face.
And here's one I shot the other day. Sometimes, we can't find our dog. Now I know why. I didn't know he was sleeping under the bed. Note to self: vacuum more thoroughly under the bed next time.
Have a Happy President's Day!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
While I was looking at some skirts, Abby wandered off because a little suitcase caught her eye. While she was over by the suitcase, she came upon a Cinderella doll.
"Oh, Mommy! She's beautiful! May I please have her?"
How could I say no?
Later, I found a Cinderella nightgown. It was a little big for her and had a small tear in it, but it was love at first sight as well.
The outfit was made complete with a crown and some Cinderella earrings - and a stunning pose!
It was a beneficial trip all the way around: Billy got a couple of shirts and I found two skirts and some pajama pants. And Abby used her new suitcase for our trip to Grandmother's house. Oh, Happy Day!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Or so I've been informed...
So, obviously, me and my pals had a great time this past month in Paris. We saw the sights, took in a couple shows, went shopping and sipped coffee at the local cafe. What fun! But all good things must come to an end.
Oh, I jest. It would have been fabulous to have that excuse for taking a month off blogging. But it was not that exciting around here.
So a little update for my 3 faithful readers... a list of sorts. In no particular order:
1. I missed doing a birthday post for my honey. Sorry dear! He is a wonderful man and I am blessed to be his wife. If you want to see last year's birthday post read this. Apparently, last year I was only a little more verbose on the subject.
2. Abby started Mini Movers again. It's a little gymnastics class at the local Rec Center for ages 3-5. She's doing well, but I can tell that tumbling is not her first love. She is quite anxious to take a dance class. That will have to wait for the summer because she was a little too young to start last fall.
3. I have been "running" again... inside, at the Rec where the air is above freezing. I've gone 2 or 3 times a week for a month or so. I'm not logging major miles, just trying to get back into it. Billy got me a cool running watch for Christmas/birthday so it's fun to play with the timer or the stopwatch, etc. to see how fast I'm going (or not).
4. Abby and I took a little unexpected trip to visit "Grandmother" for the weekend. Billy was going to be visisting the auto show anyway, so we took the opportunity to skip town as well. It was fun to get away and catch up with some friends while we were there. Thank you, Aunt Linda for a little R & R (and a GF Chocolate cake!!).
5. Billy and I started taking a class on personal finances. We just can't get enough of this stuff! Some of our friends introduced us to Dave Ramsey (no, not personally) and his Total Money Makeover, and it was just the push we needed. We are planning to dump some debt this year!
6. Its been COLD here this month! And WINDY! It is making me long for spring time even more than usual. The temperatures, however, don't seem to faze (or freeze) Abby. She loves to wear her shorts and tank tops around the house. And she's changing clothes quite often these days. I'm glad she's gaining independence and can do more things herself, but I wish she would stick to more seasonal clothes.
7. We attended Abby's Parent Teacher Conference. They were well pleased with our little student. In fact, they said she is their little substitute teacher. See, I told you so!
9. That's all for now. I'll post pictures later in the week. Don't hold your breath!
10. Ten is such a nice round number.
11. Don't you love all my links? :)