Monday, February 11, 2008

Bordom Is Looking At A Blog That Hasn't Changed In Over A Month

Or so I've been informed...

So, obviously, me and my pals had a great time this past month in Paris. We saw the sights, took in a couple shows, went shopping and sipped coffee at the local cafe. What fun! But all good things must come to an end.

Oh, I jest. It would have been fabulous to have that excuse for taking a month off blogging. But it was not that exciting around here.

So a little update for my 3 faithful readers... a list of sorts. In no particular order:

1. I missed doing a birthday post for my honey. Sorry dear! He is a wonderful man and I am blessed to be his wife. If you want to see last year's birthday post read this. Apparently, last year I was only a little more verbose on the subject.

2. Abby started Mini Movers again. It's a little gymnastics class at the local Rec Center for ages 3-5. She's doing well, but I can tell that tumbling is not her first love. She is quite anxious to take a dance class. That will have to wait for the summer because she was a little too young to start last fall.

3. I have been "running" again... inside, at the Rec where the air is above freezing. I've gone 2 or 3 times a week for a month or so. I'm not logging major miles, just trying to get back into it. Billy got me a cool running watch for Christmas/birthday so it's fun to play with the timer or the stopwatch, etc. to see how fast I'm going (or not).

4. Abby and I took a little unexpected trip to visit "Grandmother" for the weekend. Billy was going to be visisting the auto show anyway, so we took the opportunity to skip town as well. It was fun to get away and catch up with some friends while we were there. Thank you, Aunt Linda for a little R & R (and a GF Chocolate cake!!).

5. Billy and I started taking a class on personal finances. We just can't get enough of this stuff! Some of our friends introduced us to Dave Ramsey (no, not personally) and his Total Money Makeover, and it was just the push we needed. We are planning to dump some debt this year!

6. Its been COLD here this month! And WINDY! It is making me long for spring time even more than usual. The temperatures, however, don't seem to faze (or freeze) Abby. She loves to wear her shorts and tank tops around the house. And she's changing clothes quite often these days. I'm glad she's gaining independence and can do more things herself, but I wish she would stick to more seasonal clothes.

7. We attended Abby's Parent Teacher Conference. They were well pleased with our little student. In fact, they said she is their little substitute teacher. See, I told you so!

8. Happy Chinese New Year - the year of the Rat. How nice. It looks much cuter as a Mouse.

9. That's all for now. I'll post pictures later in the week. Don't hold your breath!

10. Ten is such a nice round number.

11. Don't you love all my links? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you've been pretty busy. I know what you mean theres just nothing to post about these days. Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

palmtreefanatic said...

sounds like lots is happening! Nice to see a new post!
Glad Abbys doing well in school but then she strikes me as one that will!

The Downing 5 said...

Nice to see a new post...the only thing we could do here is post pictures of everyone laying on the couch with a blanket and fever. Maybe I could do audios of all the whining too!