1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Definitely hot chocolate. Eggnog is gross.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? I wrap my presents since Santa doesn’t come here.
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? White lights on the tree and the house. Although the old, big-bulb colored lights are pretty cool outside, too.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? yes
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever I get around to it, at least a couple weeks before Christmas
6. What is your favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert? I’m with Mama Lily, the cranberry relish.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Christmas caroling in the new snow on Christmas Eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don’t know that I ever believed in him.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, The adults in our family exchange names and on Christmas Eve, we have a little party and open our gifts to each other. We like to mix it up sometimes and give gag gifts. It has known to get a little crazy. :)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? One light at a time… what does this question mean???
Can this meme get any longer? Yes, it can!! If you're not bored yet, keep reading...11. Snow! Love it or Dread It? Love snow at Christmas. The more, the merrier!!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but barely
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Nothing stands out as my favorite. Billy got me a leather coat one year. That was pretty nice. My love language is not gifts so I guess that’s why – to me – it’s not the most important thing. Which leads to the next question…
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Being together with family and friends and having fun together.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie since that’s the only time of the year we get it.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? All the singing.
17. What tops your tree? An angel. With lights.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? both, but I'm finding that I love getting gifts for Abby. It's so cool trying to figure out what she'll enjoy playing with.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? There can't be just one, can there? I love so many... "White Christmas," "Jesus, Born on This Day," "Joy To The World," and all the other ones we sing at church - with all four verses of each one.
And last, but not least...
20.Candy canes! Yuck or Yum? YUCK!! (I’m not a fan of anything mint flavored.)
So there you have it. The definitive guide to Christmas at ShaggaBear House. Too bad it didn't have pictures to go with it, but like I said in #5, I haven't gotten around to it yet.