Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wait Times

A little news on the adoption front:

The following link is from the Rumor Queen. The RQ is an expectant mother in the China Adoption process. I think her LID is in September 2005 so she is getting close to receiving a referral. Anyway, I've been reading her blog for a few months as she charts the referral process and wait times, etc.

Here is her post from today.

What she is saying is that the major agencies are now telling their clients that the wait times for those submitting a dossier is now 2 years.

For us, this means that we will get our referral sometime around the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Could be better, could be worse.

Here's to hoping for better.

PS. we still don't have a LID. I think we have to wait for our agency to recieve a batch of referrals from CCAA that has our LID included. The CCAA likes to mail all correspondence to the agencies together. They're "efficient" like that.

PS #2. If you don't understand any of this, please feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to explain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.my.goodness. I didn't know that the waiting time is so long to adopt.
I just read on my friends blog about adoptions from China. Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife started a foundation about adoption. You might want to check it out. Here is the link to my friends blog: http://chrysaliscom.blogspot.com/2006/10/christian-family-adoption-option.html

Karen said...

The Lord knows. I can't imagine the frustration of waiting so very long. I'm so glad it wasn't that long for Abby!