Saturday, July 12, 2008

Progress

Gardening Update:
We (meaning my sister and I) tried to be conservative on the amount of tomato and pepper plants we put in this year. I am rather proud of us for only having a dozen tomatoes (6 each of Big Boys and Roma) and as many peppers (jalepeno and green bell). But we also put in yellow squash, zucchini, egg plant (which has since drowned), green beans, snap peas, spaghetti squash and butternut squash. Oh yes, I should mention that the onions and garlic have come to nothing as well. boo hoo.

Here's our neat little rows separated by strips of carpet. This year, we also used "Fair Compost" which is really just a nice name for horse p**p. It's cheap and it's great fertilizer!


Here's a little bitty yellow squash.


And here it is a week or so later. And it was tasty!


We found a snake in the garden one day and screamed calmly asked Billy to help. He removed it to the neighbors back bushes. Then a day or so later, we found this guy (or gal) nesting in the top of our bush BESIDE OUR FRONT PORCH. Fun!


But here's the problem: The snake is no longer in the top of the bush. My front flower bed is in need of weeding. I don't know where the snake is. I haven't been weeding. Anyone want to come weed for me?

3 comments:

Karen said...

the zucchini last night were great too. Just enough for us. :) icky snake. Can't wait for the beans to be ready!

palmtreefanatic said...

thats a great shot of the snake! I would be still screaming;)

Country Girl said...

Gary said Call DA. He is used to icky stuff.