Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Puppy Itch (no, not fleas)

Because this wait for our adoption is taking sooooooooooooooooo long, I have really been getting the "baby itch." And because we don't have a new baby, it translates into a longing for something else cute and cuddley. Like a puppy or a kitten.

A kitten is out of the question because of my allergies and because one of our dogs would think I brought him an appetizer for dinner.

So, a couple weeks ago, I was asking Billy if we could get a new puppy. He talked me down that day, but the next day, we saw the cutest little puppy wandering around the street looking lost. I am a sucker for little lost puppies, but my wise husband would not stop the car for me to investigate.

The day after that, Abby and I went to our International Play Group at the park (yes, it is as important as it sounds). While we were there, one of the moms brought out seven all white German Shepherd puppies for the girls to play with. Oh, they were so cute and soft! It was almost too much to bear. But the thousand dollar price tag helped - A LOT!

I took some pictures with my phone and sent this one to Billy with the message "what do you think?"

He was expecting a call saying, "can we keep him?" He's had a call like that in the past. :)



So far, he's been able to talk me out of adopting a new pet. Especially when he reminds me that they pee everywhere and chew on everything. But if we have to wait too much longer, we might have to start building the ark in the backyard.

1 comment:

Karen said...

So totally adorable. Hopefully SOON!!