Monday, November 23, 2009

Road Trip!

At the end of October, my sister and I took a little trip to see her daughter at college. The original intent was to watch her last home soccer match. Billy was a great sport by keeping the girls all weekend! Thanks, Honey.

On our way down, we picked up our SIL at the airport and a friend of my niece at her college and then made the last leg of the trip to Marietta. We got there in time to watch "Belle" sit on the sidelines and then carry all the soccer balls back to the girls locker room at the end of the game. Oh well, the real fun was about to begin.

We went out for Mexican food (YUM!) and then drove to a friend's house to spend the night. The next day dawned with rain in the forecast but our spirits were still bright and sunny.

Belle gave us a tour of the campus and then the downtown shopping area.

Trying on hats. Let's not think about all the other people that have tried on these exact hats.
Cool walking bridge... we didn't go all the way across.
She really wanted to climb that tree.
We ate at the local brewery. The food was OK. Not nearly as good as the brewery by Union Station.
The look-out point where you can see the whole city... and all the people who are taking pictures!
All of us together.
Next, we all played some racquetball at her school rec center. My sister beamed me with a ball at point-blank range. Man! That hurt! But I think I got her back later. We played for two hours and I think all of us got hit at least once by the ball. Thankfully no one was hit with a racket!
After all that exercise, we went back to the friend's house and ate lots of ice cream and popcorn.

It was great fun to spend time with the big girls, but I was glad to get home to my little girls!

No comments: