Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Star of Bethlehem

I love this little ornament. It is not flashy. It is small and simple. I love the contrast of the blue star and the white figures.

Another reason that I like it so well is because it was given to me by my "other set of parents" growing up - Jerry and Dora Ann. They are very special people to our family. Our families would get together for almost every holiday on the calendar and birthdays as well. I loved to sit on Jerry's lap. And Dora Ann made great brownies. They had converted their garage into a Christian Bookstore and we would wander around looking for treasures. This ornament was one such treasure.

Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus
Click on the image to view larger.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I've always liked that one as well. I never knew you got it at PTL store though. funny

Rachel said...

Neat. That was always one of my favorites but I didn't know it was yours or where it came from!