Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mothers for Modesty


Moms & Dads for Modesty Mission Statement
  • As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.

  • I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.

  • I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter to dress in an immodest manner.

  • I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter this truth.

  • I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

Everyday Mommy is speaking out on this issue so if you agree, click on the picture above to go over to her site and register your "signature."

I am in whole-hearted agreement with this issue. Too often I see young girls who are dressed inappropriately - too much skin, messages on their clothing, etc. Our culture would have our children to become "adults" before they even reach puberty. Mothers should teach their daughters about how to dress and more importantly about modesty and purity. It is our duty as parents to instruct our children in the ways of God (Deuteronomy 11:19).
1 Timothy 4:12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

No comments: