Saturday, October 07, 2006

My day today

It was a beautiful October day today! Sun shining. Cool breeze. Lovely!

Got up when the "alarm" (read Abby) woke me up around 8am. Billy made breakfast while I got ready for the day. Then I figured out where Fostoria, Ohio is and drove there to meet my niece Belle who was running in a Cross Country race. I didn't get to see her run but she took me around the course and we cheered for her brother "JR" who was running with his team.

We drove back to our town so she could hurry and get ready to play soccer. It was good to get to visit with her. She is really growing into a godly young lady.

Abby got to spend some time with Daddy today while I was driving around the Ohio countryside. She loves her Daddy! He was putting up some drywall in our stairwell - the neverendingprojectinourhouse. I'm sure she helped out a lot!

We were able to get lots done today. I love days like that. I like to get stuff crossed off my list! Like:
1. clean the kitchen
2. vacuum the living room and clean up Abby's toys
3. give both dogs a bath

After dinner, we took a walk as a whole family (dogs included) to a park down the street. I love to hear Abby laughing on the swing. It was a perfect ending to the day.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, sounds like a great day...just a little different from my day. Haha.

Karen said...

Thanks for "running" Belle around for me. :)