Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm on the upward hill of the emotional rollercoaster

Today was a much better day. Several things happened to make me smile and be more relaxed.

The first was this bag in the mail from my Aunt Kathy.


How awesome is that?!? She sent a note along reminding me to enjoy bringing my daughter home and to know that "everything is going to be ok." She also sent Abby a cute little purse that I failed to take a picture of. It's pink and it has rhinestones. Nuff said.

When I called to thank her, she told me that color of bag was being retired soon and they were having a sale, so later I bought this and this. Love that Birthday money, Darlene!!

Abby and I also got to meet with our adoption play group. There's nothing like being able to talk to fellow adoptive moms about your adoption woes to make everything seem better. They have been in the trenches themselves and can help you see the light at the end of the tunnel. Here are the girls with one new little boy from Ethiopia. He's so cute!!
Oh, and while we were out, we stopped at Pier 1 and found these! How fun are these?
I bought a red one, a green one and a blue one for $1.18 a piece. Couldn't pass up that bargain!

While these are all fantastic things, this next one is the best!!

When I got home, Billy said he had just been on the phone with a guy from the State Department and he had fixed the birth-year error but needed additional paperwork from us about Abby's adoption. Billy told him to call back as he didn't know where any of the documents are located. When the guy called back we had the paperwork ready and faxed it to him right away. He said that the passport would be approved in the next day or so and then mailed to us ASAP!!! Yippee Yi Yay!! and Woo Hoo!!

Thanks be to God for answering prayer!

No comments: