Sunday, March 09, 2008

Blizzard Outing

On Friday, I made a decision to post-pone my grocery shopping. Bad decision.

Because on Saturday, we were not going anywhere. And we were out of food. Well, not all food. Just essential food. Billy did manage to get to my mom's for a few eggs early in the morning. But that was as far as he was willing to go.

And the snow kept coming.

Later in the day, Billy thought he might try to shovel a little so it wouldn't be so hard later. I took this photo from the upstairs window. It looks as if he's trying to find the road or the sidewalk, or something.


When my sister heard of my empty frig, she invited us over for chili. So we all bundled up, and headed outside. Here's Billy and Abby outside our house. Look at the drifts on the roof.
Snow cone, anyone?
After a nice evening of family, food and fun, we bundled all up, again, for the long walk home.

This is a little video of our trek down the street. I thought it might be easier to pull Abby in the "tube" than to have her walk through that deep snow. You'll notice that no snowplow had been down our street the entire day.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The first picture of Billy is crazy! No roads at all. I guess the plow people just have to know where to go.

Glad you had fun. :) Great family pic.