Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Adoption Day

Tommy slept well last night and didn’t wake up til after 7 am.  He wasn’t too sure about us this morning but after feeding him congee he was ready to laugh and play again.

ready to go

We had to go to the Adoption Registry office to make everything final this morning.  They had already taken his footprint so there was no taking pictures of that.  While we were there,Tommy was fussy and didn’t want to be in the room with all the  people and babies, so I walked him around the hallways and eventually he fell asleep. sleepy baby

We were asked a few questions by the notary – like why do we want to adopt and will we take care of him, etc.  When we told him that this was our third child from China he was a little surprised.  I don’t think he could understand that we would want more children.  He asked if I was tired.  Too funny.  I didn’t tell him that my sister has 8 children.  That might have put him into a state of shock.

After all the paperwork was done, we left and came back to the hotel.  Then we went for lunch at Lucy’s.  Tommy ate another 2 bowls of congee.  After the first one was done, he started crying when they took the bowl away.  The little dude likes to eat!big eaterDaddy's best birthday present ever

Then it was naptime for me and baby while Billy worked on  his post.  When Tommy woke up he was fussy again and didn’t really want to play or interact.  We took him to the hotel playroom but he wasn’t interested.  So we ordered room service congee and guess what?  He perked right up after that. drool baby drool!what's on my head?

Room service also delivered a birthday cake to Billy! Finally Forty!

Tonight was his first bath and we were not sure how it was going to go.  Sarah screamed when we tried to give her a bath in China and Abby didn’t appreciate it at first either.  Well the only time he cried was when we took him out of the bath.  He really liked playing in the water.  I think it helped that he was already in a good mood.Bath time

We have been able to use Skype to talk to Sarah and Abby and they love their little brother already.  We can’t wait until we’re all together again as one big family!

Tomorrow:  Tommy’s passport at the Civil Affairs Office.

P.S.  After the first night, Billy and I changed rooms because we were on a smoking floor and the room was really smelly!  We couldn’t get away from it.  So we asked for a new room and now we only have 1 bathroom.  What a loss.  But we still have a sitting room and two huge windows.  The other room only had one little window.  Oh yeah, this bed is not on the floor.


Rachel said...

I'm so glad you guys are doing good. Lots of prayers! And I think it's hilarious that he likes to eat so much. He and Christopher will get along great!!!

Anonymous said...

my heart is bursting with joy right now!!! Congrats mom and dad...he sure is a cutie...can't wait till you get back :) I live for the blog posts! I think that you are going to have to stock up on rice cereal :)


Anonymous said...

We are very much enjoying your blog, thank you for taking the time to keep us all in the loop. We could not be happier for you all. We cannot wait to meet the dear little guy!!!


Anonymous said...

Love the new pictures--the Lord is certainly answering the many prayers for all of you. Eager for a skype call from you. Even though this is late for you where you are, it's not here---Happy 40th Birthday, Billy!!! Love you guys, Mom & Dad