Monday, January 09, 2012

We have a son!

We met with our local guide at 1pm today to go over paperwork and make sure we had everything in order.  Then we left the hotel at 2pm to go to the Adoption Registry Center.

There were a lot of excited families waiting in the room.  As the babies/children were brought out to their new families, the tears started flowing!  On both sides!  Some of the children were wailing.

When they brought Tommy out, he started crying when the nanny handed him to us.  He was not happy at all!  He was fighting to be away from us.  It was sad.  I tried to console him the best I could but it was not working.  that's the nanny on the rightlet the wailing begin!

The guide needed us to fill out some MORE paperwork and since I was holding Tommy, Billy got the honor.  He said it was in triplicate.  The orphanage people explained Tommy’s schedule and eating habits (lots of rice cereal).

Tommy wore himself out and fell asleep for a little while.  Then he would wake up and start wailing again.  There was quite a cacophony of crying going on in that room. sign here

At last it was time to leave and as we were going outside, Tommy quieted down.  I think he was distracted by the new sights and sounds.  He didn’t cry loud tears on the way home, just big sighs and catch breaths.  Once back at the hotel, I continued to hold him and comfort him.  He didn’t cry but I could tell he was still so sad. He didn’t want any toys and would push them away.  He did, however, like to walk around holding my fingers.

"I'm not too sure about this"

Then it was time for dinner and when we finally got the waiter to understand what kind of food Tommy would eat (congee or rice cereal), Tommy ate and ate – almost a full bowl.

Back at the room again, he started playing with the toys we brought and actually laughed and smiled at us.  What a turn-around!  He played for a couple of hours on the floor with us and is definitely an active little boy!  He didn’t really stop moving at all.  He even figured out how to open the mini-bar.see, I can grab toysthere's a smile!

He’s sleeping now so we’ll see how the night goes.  Hopefully he’ll sleep all night and we’ll get another big bowl of congee in him for breakfast.  We’ll have to start introducing some new foods before we go home.I love my boy!!!


Karen said...

This Auntie is SO happy! Congratulations! hope the night goes well for you all.

Tracy D said...

Ive been reading your blog to the kids...we are so thrilled for you guys and are praying the rest goes smoothly. it's actually good he was sad...shows he has the ability to attach...which means he can again :) .. we know you'll be extra busy now, but keep um coming as you can

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless, he is so cute. I love that smile and its just for you. Hope it continues to go fairly smooth. Get that boy home!
Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

He is soooooo incredibly adorable!!! I can't wait until we get to meet him in person =]
Love to you all- Heather Lynn

Sarah said...

So great! I bet his sisters can't wait to see him! We love your family so much and are so happy for you all!

Rachel said...

So excited! He's like Christopher- food is the way to his heart! :) Stuff him and love him. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HIM!!!!

#2 said...

He is soooo cute! I can't wait to play with him! Love you guys