Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Getting Gussied Up

It's laundry day. What that means is that this morning I had to finally fold and put away the clean clothes from the basket that has been sitting on my dresser for a week so I can use the basket to do dirty clothes. And that also means that now those same baskets are filled with clean, unfolded clothes. At least they're clean. I can fold tomorrow. Yes, I'm up for the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval this week! HA!

Now on to the real point of this post. I know you were getting a little worried...

Aunt Rachel came over yesterday for a little visit. We were passing on some socks and tights to Aria that Abby has grown out of. Anyway, Aunt Rachel read Fancy Nancy to Abby. That got me to thinking that it was time to decorate Abby's room. Remember, we painted back in November and bought the big-girl bed. That's about as far as it had gotten. Bare purple walls and furniture. Except for the cute little stool.

I have been looking for some time for a nice comforter set for her room. I wanted something that did not have a character on it (like Disney or Dora) and good quality. Last night, I ordered this from JCPenney... on sale... with FREE shipping. So now, we will finally have a bed skirt on that bed. It's been indecent for far too long. Abby wanted the pink flowers (instead of purple) and I wanted gingham - and we both got what we wanted - it's reversible. And it will match the pink gingham curtains that my sister no longer needed when she rearranged her entire household.

Today, I got out all of my miscellaneous (it feels weird to spell out that word) craft supplies and my trusty hot glue gun and got down to some serious fancy-ing up. I sewed ribbons on a curtain over the closet door and glued on some pretty buttons. I glued a ribbon of beads over her mirror. Hung more ribbon and silk flowers on the door frame. Lots of fun stuff!! But mostly on one side of her room as this ART work takes time.

Tonight, as we were tucking her in, Abby says, "I want my whole room to be fancy." I knew I was saving all this stuff for a reason. But we might have to take a trip to a craft store after all because she also wants FEATHERS. Oh, my.

You'll just have to wait for the pictures.

3 comments:

Karen said...

FEATHERS?? wow, she is Fancy Nancy. I can't wait to see it. I'm glad the curtains will work for her! What fun she is.

palmtreefanatic said...

oooooh!!! Pretty pretty!
I love the comforter, cant wait to see more pics!!

Rachel said...

Just wait til I call you when Aria wants her room to be fancy like Abby's. LOL...it looks good so far.